Thursday 19 July 2018

PRELIM TASK: Evaluation


EVALUATION:

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

I have slightly made my magazine different by not using real media products such as angle of gaze showing a turn of real media convention. I have done this to make my magazine more unique and look different from other magazines on the shelf so therefore it would stand out more as it would be the only one not looking into the readers’ eyes. Another convention would be that I didn’t try and cover up some blemishes on the model or things that would be considered a ‘fault’ in the medias eyes as my research shows that 14-18 year olds would like a more natural, realistic look rather than us sticking ideas into their minds of this sort of impossible perfection that they will need to achieve, it’s better to show them the reality of models that you can be stylish with whatever ‘faults’ you have.


How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

The programme I used the most was Photoshop, I mainly used the fonts on there as it was already efficient enough for my magazine cover as I wasn’t trying to do anything to ‘word art’ as some may call it. Throughout planning I looked to the internet such as Google Images for inspiration and ideas on what to do with my magazine front cover, and in terms of research I selected a few other students throughout the brief age range to show what they would look for in a fashion magazine front cover.


What will you look to improve on for your NEA?

I would like to use my time more efficiently so that way I can have spare time to work on other small details like the magazine cover itself or the research so I can educate myself more on what to do to meet the standards of the brief. I’d also like to make my magazine more unique this time around so It can have its own house style which will make it unique.


What have you learned about yourself from this process?

I learnt that I can be creative about some things and I’ve also learnt a lot of patience as I’ve learnt that it is needed when making the cover, especially when one of the Photoshop tools bug you, overall I’ve enjoyed the task immensely and cannot wait to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment